Saturday, October 2, 2010

Haunted House Card and Tag Set


Do you remember this tag? If not, I had posted it a few nights ago and like I promised, here's the card that goes with it...


This card measures 5" x 7" and is a larger card than what i typically make but with all of the details that this card entails, I needed the room. This card is the mate to the Haunted House Tag. Both were  a kick in the pants to make. It's not at all what type of card I am used to making but while I was in the process of making them I actually felt like a kid again. 


When looking at this close up of the ghosts hanging out on the roof it sure doesn't look like anything is haunted around here!


Above is the upper right hand window... another happy ghost! May have to change the name of the card. Maybe both sets of ghosts are so happy because they are the ones doing the haunting.

You can see the texture of the house real well here. I painted a grungeboard house with green crackle paint and then added various inks and paint in random spots with a paint brush, my fingers and a sponge until I got it how I wanted it.


The trees, complete with spider and web, were also made out of grungboard and then painted black. The black paint I used was very flat so I gave both of them a light mist of sealer.

 

Unlike the tag, the card's background is patterned paper. However, I did attach the same gate border across the bottom. To complete the Haunted House card I added a witch flying off in front of the moon.

The Haunted House Card and Tag Set will be available at my Etsy Shop, Scrapping With Sherry, along with a number of other holiday inspired items shortly.

Don't miss Sherry's Fabulous Finds tomorrow. I have some great artists I don't think you will want to miss. I am sure glad that I didn't.

Thanks so much for visiting and all of the great comments you have been leaving. It really is a joy to get to know everyone and just do what I do... Create!

Until Next Time... Take Care!




16 comments:

  1. oh wow hun totally love this gosh that house is amazing such dimension brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. Amazing details! :) Hope you are having a happy day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little ghost looking out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the tag and house. All the little details are what make your work so spectacular.
    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haunted house and tag are both absolutly amazing. So lovely with all the cute details.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and fun set! Love all the texture, whimsy, and dimension. I've had fun hopping back through your Halloween posts - lovein' it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sherry
    Love these the detail is divine, what fabulous creations you make, so inspiring.
    Betty x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers