Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Custom Card with Extras


This is a card that I made for a customer as a Custom Order through my Etsy Shop, Scrapping With Sherry. Her request was for a card for her sister's birthday that also incorporated a tag or bookmark in some way. What I did was construct a card that held two tags or bookmarks, depending on your preference. One with a sentiment and one for her to add her own words to her sister.

We discussed different color schemes and decided to go with the tan and black for a classic look. Her sister is very special to her and she did not want any old ordinary birthday card.


Here you have the cards 3 different parts when the tags or bookmarks are taken out of their pockets.

The sentiment has been stamped on using black soot distress ink. There has also been a partial image of a clock hand stamped in Versamark for an added touch. The sentiment reads, "Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, It reminds us to cherish each moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." This is a sentiment found in the Tim Holtz collection. I think it is quite fitting for a birthday.


The sentiment is the reason that I went with stamping the clock image not only on the smaller tag but on the larger one as well, but this time I stamped it in the darkest brown I could find.

I like how on this close-up of the clock face you can also see the texture of the felt is the specialty cardstock I used for the background.


I made 3 flowers using my Cricut and Georges Basic Shapes Cartridge. I started by using a tan cardstock that coordinated with my patterned paper. I then hand stamped various background images by Anna Griffen on each petal with the same black ink I inked the edges with to define the flowers so that the petals did not all run together. After running the petals through a crimper, I attached them together using a black rose brad by Recollections. After I bent some of the petals and added a few pop dots here and there so that the flower would keep its dimensional look, I randomly added a clear glaze.


I am happy with how the card turned out and plan to make more using different patterns and colors. It's just a fun and different type of card.

Thanks for coming by and seeing what I have been up to... I am actually going to make myself sit down and add items to my store now. The poor shop is pathetically empty. I guess some day when I am rich I can hire someone to do all the business stuff and I can just craft. But until then I better get busy. Ugh!

Until Next Time... Take Care

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Such a great idea. I love the color combination too, infact I chose those colors for my workroom.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant card, love the quote and the flower. I've made a similar pocket card last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, thats the kind I got and keep talking about how much I loved it. Its beautiful and I love the style. I want to try and make more flowers. I love flowers. Have a wonderful day. I cant wait to see what you make next.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this bookmark holder design (and you know how much I love bookmarks!) Beautiful job Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it and I really like black & white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU HAVE AN GREAT BLOG. I COULD GET LOST HERE FOR HOURS. YOU DO SOME GREAT WORK TO. NEED TO GET STUFF IN YOUR STORE BECAUSE I THINK YOU WOULD DO REALLY WELL ONCE YOUR NAME GOT AROUND. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO GO PLACES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow hun this is amazing the coulrs the papers the design and wow that flower is just perfection,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply exquisite, Sherry!! WOW! I am speechless! Why don't you link it up to the Creative Spirit Challenge? Everyone will LOVE it!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is absolutely beautiful! It is so pretty and the colors look so clean and simple. I just bought some of the black roses that you used on this card, they are so cute and I can't wait to find a project to use them on. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers