Monday, July 12, 2010

Winnie the Pooh & Friends Birthday Card

I went outside my comfort zone today and created something a little different than my usual style. I call it "Winnie the Pooh & Friends Birthday Card" It is full of details and was just alot of fun to do. Well,  you can see it for yourself in the photos below.

Winnie the Pooh & Friends Birthday Card


Like usual I started off by using the 65 pound cardstock for the card base. You will probably get sick of hearing this from me, but it is so important for the overall quality of the card. It really makes all the difference in the world compared to the lower quality cardstock that is available. The banner (shown below) says "Happy 1st Birthday", however I am going to give my customers at my Etsy Shop, http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScappingWithSherry , the option to change it up depending on the number they need for that special birthday girl or boy.

  

Where do I begin to tell you about all the details that were put into the card? First I stamped the Winnie the Pooh & Friends image by All Night Media onto the card base with black archival ink and then colored it with my Stampen Up markers. Then I did the same thing again on another peice of cardstock but this time I added crushed velvet flock by Doodlebug Designs to the image. This papercraft technique is called flocking, which makes it look and feel like stuffed animals. I love this stuff! I added a party hat to Tiger, tied a vellum balloon to Tiger's tail and he's holding the other two balloons. Eor is presenting a birthday cake to the special birthday boy or girl.  See the close up below.


The above picture really does not do the flocking technique justice. Wish we had some kind of virtual feeling application. Before I forget, the cake, vellum balloons, party hat and banner are all embellishments made by Jolees by You. I cut the second image out by using a craft knife for precision and then I added it to the top of the first image by using pop dots to give the card dimension. You can see in the photo below how much this technique adds to the cards appearance.


I finished the card off by attatching a red peice of cardstock embellished with a glaze pen and then cut off one side with a pair of Fiskars decorative scissors to the border of the card. It just didn't seem to be enough so I added the red organza ribbon on top and tied a bow in it.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post as much as I enjoyed letting myself go and creating something different. It was almost like being a kid again myself with all the coloring and the cartoon theme. It was just all around alot of fun to do. I am looking forward to more projects like this. 

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about my "Winnie the Pooh & Friends Birthday Card". If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, but remember to leave your contact information so that I can respond. Thanks for viewing and until next time... Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. really cute. became a follower.
    www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers