Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You Rock!

Have I ever told you that I love black & white? I do! And by the projects I have been doing lately black has been a very predominent color. Today black & white have been the only colors I have worked with! I've decided to put myself on restriction from making strictly black and white papercrafts for awhile. Well, other than Halloween and this one card I have designed for Christmas. I am even going to put a 30 day time limit on it. So, for the next 30 days I can not make any crafts with a black and white color scheme! I want to take it back already... but I am not going to. I need to get "unstuck" so to speak. I do want you to know that I've made 2 other cards today using the black and white color scheme, so if you see them in my Etsy Shop, I don't want you to think I cheated. 

So here's one of  the projects I made today, which will be one of my last black and white projects for the next 30 days. Believe it or not this is going to be a challenge.


So, what do you think? I think It Rocks! Made me want to go back and be a teenager again, so I can get cool stuff like this and no one will think that I am going through some kind of mid life crisis. My Etsy Shop, Scrapping With Sherry, certainly did not need anything else with black in it, but it does need something for the younger crowd. Let's face it, it needs alot of stuff. Anyway, here's a few more shots.


I left the inside blank except for hand stamping the guitar image and embossing it with black embossing powder. I like to make cards with an all occasion theme so that they can be used for a number of different celebrations or just to tell someone "You Rock!".


Above is a closeup of the guitar image that has been handstamped and embossed with black embossing powder. Then I added blank ink around the edges with a blending tool to distress the sides for some texture. I had originally cut out the silver metallic paper to use as a matting for the guitar image. However, I layed it down, went off to do something else and when I came back to it it was askew and off to the side. Well, I thought I kinda like that and that's how it ended up being placed on the card.

Now for the specifics. As always I used 65 pound cardstock to start, for my card base. The background pattern paper is from The Rockstar Stack by DCWV. The metallic paper is from the Nocturne Cardstock Pearlescent Pad by Colorbok. The guitar and "You Rock" sentiment are both stamps by Inkadinkado. (I love that word.) I used Distress Embossing Ink by Tim Holtz for stamping and the black embossing powder was by Al a Mode. I am not sure who the maker is of the little black pearl accents. Oh, I can't forget the ribbon. Very few of my cards are made without it. The ribbon is 1/4 inch black ribbon by Offray.  

If you like this card, watch my Etsy Shop, Scrapping With Sherry, for a Mini Album I am making with the coordinating pattern paper. It would make a great gift to accompany this card! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Until next time... Take Care!

3 comments:

  1. Very Cool if we can say that anymore without seeming old. I like it; great for a teenager I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with StoneGypsy ~ Very cool card.
    So what are we to do if you DO make a black & white themed card? LoL! Good personal challenge, I like your goal that you have set for yourself. :) Good luck with it, you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat Sherry! I totally understand putting limits on yourself. I know a lot of times I get into a creative rut and have to challenge myself to get out of it. That's good though- stretching your limits can add new dimensions to your creativity! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers