Sunday, July 11, 2010

Embossed Butterfly Card

I started out the day planning to share my amazing pictures that I took on my camping trip, to find that they weren't so amazing. I would like to blame it all on the camera but truth is I need to learn how to use my camera! I will have another chance this weekend cause my other half, Glenn, has decided that since we had so much fun we are going to do it again. So, maybe I will come back with those amazing pictures for you and get a chance to share more than just my crafts with everyone.

Fortunately today I have been on a creative high! I love these kind of days. If you are a crafter, I know you can relate with what I am talking about. Lately I have been stuck using a lot of black and white. Don't get me wrong they are my favorite colors to work with whether it be photos or my papercraft projects, but today I went with another favorite of mine, pink and brown. I really love the look and plan to put it in my Etsy Shop,  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScrappingWithSherry , so I am hoping that it goes over well. Actually, you tell me. Here are some photos below.

Embossed Butterfly Card 



Below is a closeup view of the embossed butterfly. I placed the butterfly into one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders and ran it through my Cuttlebug to achieve the look of the raised dots. I do not even remember what crafting was like before I got my Cuttlebug!



I always use 65 pnd cardstock for the base of my cards and recommend this to anyone who makes handmade cards. It really adds to the overall quality. The card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 in size, or A2 for those of you that may be using a template. My goal is to use less store bought embellishments on my handmade cards and just be more creative. The materials I used for this card include, the pattern paper, which is from the Tim Holtz, Vintage Shabby Paper Stack. I stamped the flourishes on the white cardstock using a image from the Big Swirls Collection by Autumn Leaves. I used two different colors to stamp with, Spun Sugar, a Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and  Pixie Dust by VersaMagic. The brown flourishes, butterfly and the sentiment "explore" are all images from the Home Decor, Cricut Cartridge. The ribbon is made by Celebrate It and the Crystal Stickers are by Mark Richards. 

Your comments are important to me. I am eager to get some feedback about my crafts and my blog site. If you have any questions or would like me to contact you please leave an email address. Whether you are here to see what I am up to or to simply get some inspiration I hope you enjoyed todays post as much as I enjoyed doing it. Until next time... Take Care!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and pretty card you have shared..i might use it when design Metal business cards and decorate like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers