Thursday, July 15, 2010

Enjoy the Journey

Tomorrow morning Glenn and I are leaving for a camping trip. I really wanted to get a blog post done of something different than a card before I left, so I was working on various scrapbook layouts. I say various because nothing was working. I just was not inspired to work with the photos that I had and kept going from one thing to the other still unsatisfied. To make it worse I have some new Tim Holtz stamps, and really wanted to play with them.  To make this redundant story short I finally gave up and got my new stamps out and started to play. This is what I came up with.


This card has a lot of meaning for me. When I am crafting, or doing other tasks in life, I get excited to start something and then when I do start, I get in a such a hurry to get done I miss the joy in what I am doing. Tonight I finally let go and took my time. I played with my new stamps, my new crackle paint and made a huge mess and enjoyed every minute! It wasn't until the card was almost done that I looked at it and saw a message to myself. It didn't take long to find the right stamp for the sentiment, "Enjoy the Journey" I am going to start making an effort to enjoy a lot more journey's! Here's a few more pictures.

  

The picture above is a close up of the clock. I don't have any clock hands so I used a spinner and pointed it to the time I finished the card. The picture below shows a close up of the wings to show how they are stamped on vellum and attatched to the card in order to show the patterned paper through them.


I first used 65 pound cardstock for the cards base and attatched a piece of patterned paper. I then painted a piece of heart shaped grungeboard with Distress Crackle Paint in Fired Brick by Ranger. After placing it aside to dry, I stamped the image of the clock from The Journey Stamp Set and the image of the wings from the Regal Flourish Stamp Set, both by Tim Holtz, on a piece of transparency with Black Staz On Ink. I cut the wings in half and attatched them to the card. When the heart started to crackle I sped up the process with a heating tool. I then attatched the image of the clock to the heart with a spinner and fastener from the Game Spinner Set by Tim Holtz. To finish off the card I stamped "Enjoy the Journey" from The Journey Stamp Set directly to the bottom of the card.

There is something very powerful about creating a piece of art whether it be a card, a scrapbook page or any other type of craft, when it has meaning. If you have never had the opportunity to experience this, or maybe just not in a long time. My wish is that you do.

Your comments are important to me. I would love to hear from you about this post. Unitl next time... Take Care & Enjoy Your Journey!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love! And love the message too. How true :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers