Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th



September 11th is a date that will not be forgotten in my household. Although I did not know anyone that lost their life in the tragedy that hit not only the twin towers but the entire United States as a whole, I feel that it effected everyone in one way or another.

This morning started off with everyone reminding each other what day it was followed by each one of us thinking back to what we were doing on September 11th 2001, nine years ago, today.

My fiance, Glen, was watching a football game and dozed off. When he awoke it was not his game that was on the air but the news of the tragedy that had hit New York and the Twin Towers. He actually thought that he was watching a movie at first before it registered that what he was viewing was real.

My daughter, Jaclyn, was in school when they announced the event. Scared and shaken she called me to come and pick her up. It was confusing to say the least to a girl of such a young age.

I was cleaning house with the TV on for noise like I still do today when I overheard the breaking news. I remember watching the television in awe not knowing what to think. I sat there spellbound until my daughter called for me to pick her up.

Today I say a special prayer for those that lost their loved ones, for those that helped in the aid helping those that were directly involved that frightful day. I say a prayer for anyone that was effected in any way on the day that America will never forget. I say a prayer that never again will we as a country have to experience such loss and sadness. 

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Until Next Time... Take Care!

3 comments:

  1. I send out prayers for everyone affected too Sherry x A very sad day x Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH always calls me just about the time he is reaching work and that morning I was on the phone with him watching the stock market channel and saw the first plane crash into the Twin Towers. I told him while on the phone and then the second plane hit. At first we thought it was an accident, but not when the second one hit. My heart just sank! So sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach turns into knots every time I think of that day...we have a 9-11 Prayer garden at our local park and I often go there to reflect and remember and pray.
    God bless America!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. Each and every one is like finding a gift in my mailbox. ~Sherry

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PitaPata Dog tickers